For centuries, Tarot cards have always been used as a form of divination. Fortune tellers claim that Tarot serves as a spiritual guide helping truth seekers gain insight into potential outcomes in life. Tarot reading, also known as Taromancy, is the process where a mystic will utilize the cards to interpret the meaning as well as make predictions.
According to Wiggy Flowers, Taromancy is a subsection of Cartomancy, the fortune telling using a deck of playing cards in general.
A standard Tarot deck includes a total of 78 cards divided into two main types – the Major Arcana and Minor Arcana. Considered as a magical tool, each Tarot card has the genuine guidance that we can make use of in our lives. No matter how different our cultures, religions, nationalities and social backgrounds are, the ultimate purpose of Tarot is leading us to the brighter, happier life path.
- The Major Arcana is a set of 22 stand-alone cards with each has a unique meaning. Some of them are the Fool, the Death, the Hanged Man, the Devil, the Strength, the Temperance, etc. This set, as per Wiggy Flowers, indicates the Fool’s journey – a journey of an individual in which they have to go through all life’s challenges physically and spiritually.
- The Minor Arcana is a set of 56 cards. Similar to the regular playing cards, all 40 numbered cards are divided into four main suits – the King, Queen, Knight and Page. They offer us the vision of what is happening in our lives, energies that are healing us and obstacles that we are dealing with.
The remaining 16 cards tell us certain different things like a part of our inner self, a situation we are struggling with, or people surrounding in our lives.
What Can Tarot Do for You?
To date, a lot of people ask for Tarot assistance. So, what to expect from a Tarot reading? The reading with a legitimate, insightful Tarot reader will provide you a motivate message, telling you how to figure out solutions in order to deal with the situation you are stuck in. Also, the advice by conveying the cards will let you know how to take control of every circumstance of your life.
Now, it’s time to take a look at the importance of Tarot in one’s life. Below are a few examples of the role of Tarot in your personal path of self discovery, presented by Wiggy Flowers. Basically, it is a tool for:
- Personal exploration and growth, plus achievement of self-knowledge
- Problems solving
- Personal insight and fortune telling
- A glimpse into the past
- Catching deeper sight of the present
- Gaining clarity into the potential future
- Accessing the unconscious
- Making choices as well as clarifying goals
- Recognizing our own power and energy
- Enriching our lives
- Accessing and developing our psychic abilities
- Understanding our personality and characteristic spiritually
In addition, whether you are pregnant or trying to conceive, Tarot is also seen as a powerful tool giving you awareness and discernment into your future pregnancy.
Overall, Tarot is a tool for whatever you want it to be!
People also searches:
- tarot reading